Monday, July 18, 2011

The Post that Should Have Been Titled "Love That Surpasses Knowledge"

“and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.” Ephesians 3:19

I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS PART!!!!!! For reals, caps lock does not do it justice. The words should be bounding out of your computer screen right now.

“Know this love that surpasses knowledge.” Every time we know His love, we are experiencing something supernatural. His love can’t be known because it surpasses knowledge, but we know it because of the Holy Spirit. Because God enables us to know this love that is wider, higher, deeper than we can imagine.
And then, “filled to the measure” aka full capacity with the fullness of God. Not the partness of God, not the halfness of God, or the sure-you-can-have-some-of-my-attention-while-I-keep-the-universe-in-place-ness of God. It is the fullness. And even more incredible is the fullness can be in us, filled to the measure.

What makes me even more insane with amazement is what being filled with the fullness of God means. When we are completely full of Jesus, we can love genuinely, give graciously, live obediently, and have every need met. How I want to know an absence of fear because I am filled with the fullness of God. How I want to love others just because. No strings attached.

The fullness of God in me means being able to love and give without needing anything in return. Having the power to walk in obedience, knowing He will provide. Having confidence to do more than I can on my own. To go forth and do what’s asked without thinking about how I look or how I’ll be treated. Knowing God in every corner of myself. There’s more of God in me than myself. Seeing what I would normally be blinded to. Being completely satisfied in Him.  Having the ability to bring forth who I am intended to be with no insecurities, no fears, no doubts. I would not be afraid of failing. I would not be afraid of being judged. I would not be afraid my next step wouldn’t be there. It would be living fully. Having the fullness of God—Having the creator, His whole complete self in you. You would never walk alone because He resides in you. I would not be relying on my self, strength, and abilities, I would be relying on Him. What this does for my future is amazing to me. A future relying on something other than my weakness is so much brighter and exciting. It is more than I can ask or imagine like the next verse says. To be a part of something broader and bigger than myself, His love that stretches farther than the universe. It gives me hope. Living in my strength makes me tired just thinking about it, but living in His gives me hope.

A song lyric that helps me articulate what I think about this is from Jill Phillips, “I will not have to fear anymore. All I’ll be capable of is: Holy, holy, holy, holy.” I want to have a single-minded focus to praise the name of the Lord. To live a life that glorifies Him in all I do. When that is all that matters, what have I to fear but not living up to that? And I am equipped to do that when I am filled to the measure with the fullness of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment